Monday, June 2, 2008

The Anne Girl is Checking In

Here's my reply to Erica's question about how 90 Challenge is going for me.

Well, I'm sure I'm the most behind of you all; I just started Joshua today. I'm finding it really interesting, and I'm enjoying it so far. I can't believe I read all the books of Moses in two weeks!! Wow! That's quite a feat for me. I think I liked Genesis the best. I basically struggled through Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. All that stuff about the law was kind of dry reading. So I was excited to start a new book (Joshua). Most of what I read today was story like, and that was easier to read.

What are your thoughts on Old Testament law?? Do you think it pertains in any way to our everyday life today? After reading about sacrificing animals, I was thankful that the Lord was the ultimate sacrifice for us, and that we don't have to sacrifice animals in this day and age.

I guess for now the Lord hasn't really shown me anything from what I've been reading. But I'm praying that the Lord would show me something, so I can post. How is the challenge going for the rest of you??

1 comment:

Erica said...

I have a nice, lengthy comment I want to make, but I don't have time to right now. So check back a bit later. :)

 
Made by Lena