Wednesday, August 6, 2008

psalms

I've really struggled with the challenge (ha! funny, struggling with a challenge...) over the last couple of months. Between being gone for almost two weeks in July, and everything else that has been going on, I haven't spent as much time on it as I should've. It's been rather depressing, actually, but yesterday as I was thinking about it, the verse that says "though I fall, I shall rise" came to my head. So! Though I've fallen a bazillion times with this challenge, I'm going to keep trying.

I'm actually only in Psalms. :/ I copied over part of the schedule where I am right now, and I'm going to try to do two days' worth in one day. I don't know if I can do it, but I'll try.

I found a couple of cool verses towards the beginning of Psalms.


5:11-12 is simply wonderful!

But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

5:8 is also a really good verse. Part of it says "depart from me, all you workers of iniquity." That comes to my mind sometimes when I'm struggling to overcome what the devil is brining against me. It's quite helpful, actually! :)

So, that's what I have. How is everyone else coming on the challenge?

(Oh, and as soon as someone needs the next week's schedule, let me know!)

2 comments:

Lil red said...

Wow. That one verse about rejoicing in the Lord was really good. I'm planning on posting some of my readings soon.

Tiffany said...

Well, Erica, I'm still in the book of Joshua, but that isn't stopping me! :) What's the difference in reading the Bible in three months and reading it in 12? Besides, I'd much rather learn, grow, and meditate on the Word instead of rushing through and saying I accomplished such a feat as reading the Bible in 90 days. What's the use of reading the Bible if you can't ever learn anything from it? I'm not saying that people who do accomplish reading Scripture in 90 days don't learn anything or aren't trying to grow and learn from their reading, but we have to remember that it's not the accomplishment that matters but what God has taught/is teaching us. :)

Love ya!
~Tiffany

 
Made by Lena